A sweet and creamy cheesecake ice cream swirled with tart cherry pie filling and graham cracker crumbs. No ice cream maker needed!
Hello! Hello! How is your summer going?
Mine has been crazy busy lately so I am sorry if the blog has been a little quiet lately (Cue the tumbleweed rolling by.) It has just been too darn nice out to be stuck in the kitchen with a hot oven. So for today’s post I turned to something that is not so hot…the FREEZER!! That’s right we are making ice cream here people! Not just any ice cream. This is an easy-peasy no churn ice cream that doesn’t require any fancy kitchen gadgets or remembering to freeze the drum for your ice cream maker ahead of time.
Ice cream is absolutely my favorite treat I keep a container in my freezer at all times. I have been seeing these no-churn recipes all over Pinterest lately, and I will admit I was skeptical at best. I have not made ice cream very many times before. I haven’t been able to justify the amount of cabinet space it would take to store an ice cream maker, and when I have used my Mom’s in the past it is a LOT of work. Cooking the perfect custard base, freezing the drum, churning for what seems like forever! Why mess with something my good friends Ben & Jerry have already perfected? But, this weekend I decided to give this no-churn trend a try!
I was pleasantly surprised by how well this ice cream turned out! It was smooth and creamy, and easy enough for anyone to make! Just whip up the cream, fold in the other ingredients and pour it into a loaf pan to freeze up!
Since this recipe is so easy, there are so many ice cream flavor possibilities waiting to happen! This time I chose an old favorite of mine! In high school friends and I would often go to Cold Stone for ice cream because it was right next door to the movie theater. If you have never been there, you pick a base ice cream flavor and then get to choose different mix ins that they add to your ice cream. I have always loved a good cherry pie, and if I wasn’t feeling like chocolate, I would get their sweet cream flavor with cherry pie filling and graham crackers mixed in. It has been a while, but this cherry cheesecake no churn ice cream really hit the spot!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In a large mixing bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to overbeat the cream. Then beat in the cream cheese.
- Combine the condensed milk and vanilla extract and carefully fold in to the whipped cream. The key is keeping it nice and fluffy.
- Then swirl in the cherry pie filling and graham cracker crumbs and pour it into a loaf pan. Freeze the ice cream overnight before digging in!