A massive peanut butter cookie that is baked in a cake pan for perfectly crisp edges and a moist center, then topped with a giant Reese’s heart.
Just look how big that heart shaped Reese’s peanut butter cup is!!! It’s HUGE!
The other day while grocery shopping I decided to browse through the seasonal Valentine’s Day section. I was really looking to see if there were any new varieties of cute heart shaped sprinkles that I might need, because c’mon…of course I NEED more sprinkles…anyways, that is when I stumbled upon this giant heart shaped Reese’s cup!
I knew I had to think of some way to bake with it for Valentine’s Day! What better way could there be to enjoy this big peanut butter heart than putting it inside an even bigger cookie! Go big or go home!
This cookie is BIG! It is baked in a cake pan in the same way deep dish pizza is which gives it a crispy bottom and edges, but when you slice into it the center is deliciously moist. The Reese’s cup melts slightly around the edges and gives this cookie just enough chocolate flavor. It is perfect for slicing up and sharing, in fact I took this one with me when I visited some family over the past weekend, and they were slicing into it as soon as I got in the door.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla and beat at a medium speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Then add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and stir until well incorporated. Scoop the dough into a greased 8 inch cake pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden and the center is set.
- Immediately place the giant peanut butter cup in the center of the cookie and place in the freezer or fridge so that it doesn't melt completely. If you can not find a giant peanut butter cup, you could use 4 or 5 regular peanut butter cups instead.