This peanut butter fudge icebox pie is the perfect no bake dessert to bring for summer cook outs. A chocolate graham crust is filled with a layer of chocolatey fudge that is topped with a light and fluffy peanut butter filling.
Sometimes you just don’t have time to bake something and wait for it to cool before heading out to the party.
Summer is in full swing. Even though the weather isn’t showing it, I can tell it is summer because my weekends are filling up faster than I can check my calendar. Between family birthdays, and summer get togethers I have been in need of some quick to whip up desserts.
I am one of those people that has a hard time saying no to things. I say, yes we will be at that BBQ, what can I bring? (Hint: the answer is always dessert!) I say, of course I can make your wedding cake, what flavors would you like to sample? I say, sure lets do brunch on Sunday!
After all of this saying yes all weekend, by the end of it all I can say is I’m tired!
So when I started brain storming what would be a good treat to make for Father’s Day this weekend icebox pie was on the top of my list. My dad loves peanut butter cups, I mean are there any dads out there that don’t love peanut butter? So I decided on a peanut butter chocolate combo. I am totally in favor of this quick no bake dessert that can be made in minutes, but doesn’t disappoint with layers of flavor. You are more than welcome to make your own crust, but I went with a store bought chocolate crust to make things even quicker. The layer of rich chocolate fudge is balanced by the light texture of the peanut butter layer.
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 containers extra creamy whipped topping
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 chocolate cookie crust
- In a microwave safe dish combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second increments stirring frequently until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate fudge mixture into the bottom of the crust and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine whipped topping, peanut butter, and cream cheese. Whisk together until evenly incorporated. Spread the peanut butter mixture over the layer of fudge.
- Chill pie for at least 3 hours and top with remaining whipped topping before serving.