Chewy buttery blondies with an espresso kick studded with white chocolate chips. These white chocolate mocha blondies are my favorite morning pick me up turned into a delicious dessert!
What is your favorite coffee drink?
Are you a purist that drinks it strong and black?
A cappuccino drinker?
Will you drink it any way as long as you get some caffeine?
Well, for me coffee ends up being more of a transporter for sugar! I like a good amount of cream and sweetener in my coffee to contrast the bitterness. I try not to get coffee out too much, but usually treat myself once a week to a nice latte.
Since I live in the land of the mochafrappecappuccino (disclaimer: not a real thing don’t try to order this 🙂 ) here in Seattle, coffee is kind of a big deal. I really enjoy trying the new seasonal creations that come out throughout the year. But I always go back to my trusty white chocolate mocha, it is my favorite drink! Sweet and smooth it can’t be beat!
These blondies are just like my favorite coffee beverage. The espresso flavor is perfectly complemented by the sweet white chocolate chips. I made sure to add enough so that you get a chocolate chip in each bite! They don’t have an overwhelming coffee flavor. There is just a hint of mocha to add a little something extra to an ordinary blondie.
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Add instant espresso to melted butter, and stir to dissolve.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in butter and espresso mixture until incorporated.
- Mix in the eggs, and then stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Turn the mixture out into the pan, and spread into an even layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is set.